Most Active Stories
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'
- Ria's Bluebird Re-Opens to Honor Pell
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- With Stadium Deal Official, Atlanta Begins Planning for Braves Departure
- Cobb Commissioners Hold Town Hall Meetings on Braves Stadium
Local Program Hosts
Fall Folklife Festival
Thu September 26, 2013
19th Century Life On The Smith Family Farm
There’s a chill in the air and soon leaves will begin to turn. It's just in time for the Atlanta History Center’s Fall Folklife Festival on Saturday, September 28. Activities will move beyond the center’s walls to the outdoor Smith Family Farm where visitors can experience 19th Century Southern life.
The History Center’s Kate Whitman showed WABE's John Lemley around the farm and they ran into several re-enactors who gave them a taste of everyday life there.