Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Fri July 11, 2014
The Alliance Collides With Grapes of Wrath
The Alliance Theatre’s Collision Project assembles a diverse group of 20 teenagers from metro Atlanta to explore and unpack a classic text under the guidance of a professional playwright and director—to “collide” with a piece of writing and with each other, so to speak. Under the guidance of playwright Pearl Cleage, for the past several weeks, these students have been taking theatrical workshops, museum tours, having intense group discussion and writing personal responses to John Steinbeck’s novel “The Grapes of Wrath.” This weekend they will be presenting that work in an on-stage performance.
WABE's Lois Reitzes sat down with Cleage to talk about this year's project.
The students of the Alliance Theatre’s Collision Project will be performing their work based on their responses to “The Grapes of Wrath” Friday, July 11th and Saturday the 12th on the Hertz Stage. For more info, visit Atlanta PlanIt.
Valerie Jackson In Conversation