Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Norcross, Georgia Tech To Study City’s Immigrant Population
- Senate Says Cities Can’t Ban Pit Bulls, Other Dog Breeds
- Georgia May Ban Green Certification For State Buildings
- Blue Bell Recalls Ice Cream Products Because Of Listeria
Sun December 9, 2012
Another European Company Moves Near Atlanta Airport
For the second time this year, a European company keeps its North American headquarters in Metro Atlanta but moves it near Atlanta’s airport.
First, it was German-based Porsche. Now, it’s Triumph Motorcycles.
Triumph is based in the United Kingdom. Its North American headquarters were in Newnan, about 40 miles southwest of Atlanta. There the company focused on sales but also deliveries for parts and accessories.
“We had a large warehouse attached to our office in Newnan, which we no longer need,” said Triumph North America CEO Greg Heichelbech. He says the company no longer needed the warehouse because it now pays UPS to handle deliveries.
So, the company started to look for office space where it could focus solely on sales. Heichelbech says Triumph settle on an office building at Hartsfield Centre next to the airport.
Because of the proximity to the airport, Heichelbech says the location is more convenient for motorcycle dealers who fly in to talks to Triumph about selling their motorcycles.