Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- 25 new hours of new local programming
Local Program Hosts
"The Power of Half"
Tue December 31, 2013
Atlanta Family Finds Richness in Giving
Up until the mid-2000s, the Salwens were a typical well-off Atlanta family. Successful careers allowed parents Kevin and Joan to buy a grand and beautiful home, and their children Hannah and Joe got to enjoy all the luxuries and all the stuff that came along with their parents’ success.
While they were all living a contented and comfortable life, the Salwens found that having such a large house and so many belongings was causing them to drift apart. One fateful night, a chance encounter changed things forever.
Here are Kevin and Hannah Salwen telling their story, upon which they based their book, The Power of Half.