Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Tue May 14, 2013
Atlanta's Streetcar Project Making Progress
The Atlanta Streetcar earlier this year began laying down its first set of tracks in downtown Atlanta. Just last week, the Atlanta Beltline approved millions to study expanding the Streetcar. The vision is to create a citywide network of streetcars, a system that would connect in-town neighborhoods and complement existing MARTA bus and rail options. Reporter Jonathan Shapiro has been covering the Atlanta Streetcar for WABE and he gave us an update on the project.
For more information on the Atlanta Streetcar, click here.