Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
Local Program Hosts
Tue May 14, 2013
Atlanta's Streetcar Project Making Progress
The Atlanta Streetcar earlier this year began laying down its first set of tracks in downtown Atlanta. Just last week, the Atlanta Beltline approved millions to study expanding the Streetcar. The vision is to create a citywide network of streetcars, a system that would connect in-town neighborhoods and complement existing MARTA bus and rail options. Reporter Jonathan Shapiro has been covering the Atlanta Streetcar for WABE and he gave us an update on the project.
For more information on the Atlanta Streetcar, click here.