Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Winner, 2014 Edward R. Murrow Award
Tue September 2, 2014
The Bird Restaurant on Peachtree
This story, which first ran July 31, 2013, is the winner of the 2014 a regional Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Use of Sound. Take a listen!
R. Thomas Deluxe Grill has several claims to fame. The Peachtree Street restaurant began catering to carnivores and vegetarians alike soon after it opened its doors in 1985. Today, it’s one of the city’s few remaining local 24-hour eateries.
To explore the third claim, WABE’s Kate Sweeney drove to Buckhead for a visit.
For a slideshow version of this story, click here.
National Train Show
The Vinyl Collector
The Little Free Library