Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Winner, 2014 Edward R. Murrow Award
Thu October 17, 2013
The Bird Restaurant on Peachtree
This story, which first ran July 31, 2013, is the winner of the 2014 a regional Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Use of Sound. Take a listen!
R. Thomas Deluxe Grill has several claims to fame. The Peachtree Street restaurant began catering to carnivores and vegetarians alike soon after it opened its doors in 1985. Today, it’s one of the city’s few remaining local 24-hour eateries.
To explore the third claim, WABE’s Kate Sweeney drove to Buckhead for a visit.
National Train Show
The Vinyl Collector
The Little Free Library