Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Mon February 17, 2014
Bluegrass Jam on Marietta Square
Bluegrass music originated in the Appalachians, from musical traditions dating back to the eighteenth century. In recent years, bluegrass and old-time music have enjoyed a renewed popularity in the mainstream. But for some, it has just always been a part of life. Producer Scott Casavant happened upon a few of those folks at the historic Marietta Square one night, and listened in on their weekly bluegrass jam. Here's the story he brought back.
Interested in watching, or maybe even taking part in the bluegrass jam? Visit the official jam website to learn more.
This Week's Best Best with the AJC's Shane Harriso
Local Thereminist Showcases the Instrument