Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Mon April 8, 2013
A Broken Record - Remembering Hank Aaron's Home Run
Today marks a significant anniversary in the history of Atlanta and the history of the game of baseball.
It was on April 8, 1974 that Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s home run record right here in Atlanta at the old Fulton County Stadium.
Today is the 39th anniversary of the event and one of the witnesses to the moment was Walter Banks, a VIP Usher at Turner Field. Back in 2009 he shared with us his account of what happened on that fateful day.
"One on One" with Steve Goss