Most Active Stories
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'
- Ria's Bluebird Re-Opens to Honor Pell
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- With Stadium Deal Official, Atlanta Begins Planning for Braves Departure
- Cobb Commissioners Hold Town Hall Meetings on Braves Stadium
Local Program Hosts
Mon April 8, 2013
A Broken Record - Remembering Hank Aaron's Home Run
Today marks a significant anniversary in the history of Atlanta and the history of the game of baseball.
It was on April 8, 1974 that Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s home run record right here in Atlanta at the old Fulton County Stadium.
Today is the 39th anniversary of the event and one of the witnesses to the moment was Walter Banks, a VIP Usher at Turner Field. Back in 2009 he shared with us his account of what happened on that fateful day.
"One on One" with Steve Goss