Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- 25 new hours of new local programming
Local Program Hosts
Mon April 8, 2013
A Broken Record - Remembering Hank Aaron's Home Run
Today marks a significant anniversary in the history of Atlanta and the history of the game of baseball.
It was on April 8, 1974 that Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s home run record right here in Atlanta at the old Fulton County Stadium.
Today is the 39th anniversary of the event and one of the witnesses to the moment was Walter Banks, a VIP Usher at Turner Field. Back in 2009 he shared with us his account of what happened on that fateful day.
"One on One" with Steve Goss