Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Mon December 15, 2014
Christmas Lights On Monroe Drive
You’ve likely seen Christmas light displays that really stand out. Such is the case at the home of Paul Medlock just behind Piedmont Park on Monroe Drive.
He started decorating his home with lights back in 1992. Back then he had about 300 lights, but today that number is closer to 35,000.
Since we first aired this story in 2012, Paul Medlock has added new features to his light display—this year including a Christmas tree which will shoot flames from its top… in time with the music, of course. And we’ve also learned that 2014 will be the last year that he will be decorating the house, because he’s moving to the West End.
This story originally aired Dec. 21 2012.
Jeff Clemmons' "Rich's: A Southern History"
An Atlanta Christmas Special