Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
- Tension Rising in DeKalb Cityhood Debate
Local Program Hosts
Wed January 22, 2014
A Coop With A View: Raising Chickens at Manuel's Tavern
Many restaurants around Atlanta have embraced localism by getting their meats and produce from area farms or even growing their own vegetables. Manuel’s Tavern, though, has gone a step further by building a chicken coop on their roof. The North Highland Avenue mainstay is now offering organic eggs courtesy of the twenty four chickens living on-premises.
WABE's Myke Johns paid them a visit and has this story.
Are other Atlanta restaurants doing surprising things? Let us know in the comments.
Farm to Table