Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Wed April 23, 2014
A Coop With A View: Raising Chickens at Manuel's Tavern
Many restaurants around Atlanta have embraced localism by getting their meats and produce from area farms or even growing their own vegetables. Manuel’s Tavern, though, has gone a step further by building a chicken coop on their roof. The North Highland Avenue mainstay is now offering organic eggs courtesy of the twenty four chickens living on-premises.
WABE's Myke Johns paid them a visit and has this story.
This story was originally broadcast on January 22, 2014.
Farm to Table