Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Fri December 6, 2013
'Crumpet the Elf' on the SantaLand Diaries
The Santaland Diaries began as an essay by writer David Sedaris. It’s the true and humorous account of his stint working as a Christmas elf at Macy’s Department Store. Sedaris first read the essay on NPR’s Morning Edition in 1992, and that story was his first major break. For the past 15 Christmases, Atlanta’s Horizon Theater has performed the essay, adapted as a play. And since its first run in 1998, actor Harold Leaver has played the main role as Crumpet the Elf.
Our interview with Leaver was originally recorded in 2009. SantaLand Diaries is running now at Horizon Theater through December 29th. Please visit Atlanta PlanIt for more details on the event.
Preview of Weekend Events