Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- 25 new hours of new local programming
Local Program Hosts
Thu December 13, 2012
Day in the Life of Atlanta
On 12/12/12, WABE's Atlanta Sounds declared an ambitious goal: We wanted to capture, in sound, a day in the life of Atlanta, with the help of submissions from you, our listeners.
You responded—with scores of recordings.
The two segments here represent two parts of December 12. The first part begins at midnight. Part two begins with the sounds of a delivery room. You can also hear some of the individual recordings on WABE's SoundCloud page.
Thanks so much to everyone who sent in recordings. Thanks also to our producers Aleck Ragsdale, Jenny Ament, Eric Durban, Scott Casavant, Kate Sweeney, Myke Johns and our editor, David Barasoain.
Five years of Atlanta Sounds