Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Senate Says Cities Can’t Ban Pit Bulls, Other Dog Breeds
- Norcross, Georgia Tech To Study City’s Immigrant Population
- Georgia May Ban Green Certification For State Buildings
- Blue Bell Recalls Ice Cream Products Because Of Listeria
Thu December 13, 2012
Day in the Life of Atlanta
On 12/12/12, WABE's Atlanta Sounds declared an ambitious goal: We wanted to capture, in sound, a day in the life of Atlanta, with the help of submissions from you, our listeners.
You responded—with scores of recordings.
The two segments here represent two parts of December 12. The first part begins at midnight. Part two begins with the sounds of a delivery room. You can also hear some of the individual recordings on WABE's SoundCloud page.
Thanks so much to everyone who sent in recordings. Thanks also to our producers Aleck Ragsdale, Jenny Ament, Eric Durban, Scott Casavant, Kate Sweeney, Myke Johns and our editor, David Barasoain.
Five years of Atlanta Sounds