Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Bellwood Quarry Will Eventually Be Atlanta’s Biggest Park
- GSU Researcher Finds Possible Treatment For Bat-Killing Fungus
- Atlanta Held In Contempt Over Eagle Raid Settlement
- DeKalb County Corruption Leads To New, Majority-White Cities
Thu December 13, 2012
Day in the Life of Atlanta
On 12/12/12, WABE's Atlanta Sounds declared an ambitious goal: We wanted to capture, in sound, a day in the life of Atlanta, with the help of submissions from you, our listeners.
You responded—with scores of recordings.
The two segments here represent two parts of December 12. The first part begins at midnight. Part two begins with the sounds of a delivery room. You can also hear some of the individual recordings on WABE's SoundCloud page.
Thanks so much to everyone who sent in recordings. Thanks also to our producers Aleck Ragsdale, Jenny Ament, Eric Durban, Scott Casavant, Kate Sweeney, Myke Johns and our editor, David Barasoain.
Five years of Atlanta Sounds