Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Georgia Considers Joining Southeast High-Speed Rail Pact
- 4 Killed In Small Plane Crash On Atlanta Interstate 285
- 36 Golden Retrievers Rescued From Turkey Arrive In Atlanta
- Georgia Man Arrested For Rescuing Dog From Hot Car
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Thu January 3, 2013
Debate Over New Georgia Cities Returns to the Legislature
Recently, metro Atlanta has seen an explosion of new cities, and advocates in other areas are trying to start cityhood drives in their neighborhoods.
But one Georgia lawmaker says the process is too careless, failing to take into account the effect new cities have on their counties, and on surrounding cities.
Democratic Decatur Representative Mary Margaret Oliver has proposed a bill, placing new hurdles in front of supporters of future new cities.
WABE's Denis O'Hayer spoke with Rep. Oliver, and with J. Max Davis, mayor of Georgia's newest city, Brookhaven.
"One on One" with Steve Goss