Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Bellwood Quarry Will Eventually Be Atlanta’s Biggest Park
- Atlanta Held In Contempt Over Eagle Raid Settlement
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- GSU Researcher Finds Possible Treatment For Bat-Killing Fungus
Wed December 17, 2014
"The Entire World Being Holy" - A Celtic Christmas in Atlanta
The arts of the Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Appalachian holiday traditions will take the Rialto stage this weekend for Celtic Christmas. WABE's John Lemley sat down with a few of the musicians—Joe Craven, Lisa Edwards, and John Maschinot—to talk about the show. John began by discussing the oral traditions that birthed much of the music and poetry they will be performing.
See a video of Joe, Lisa, and John performing with guitarist Evan Kinney in the WABE studios here:
Celtic Christmas is onstage at the Rialto Theater Saturday night at 8 and for a Sunday matinee at 3. For details, visit Atlanta PlanIt.
This story originally aired Dec. 20, 2013
Jeff Clemmons' "Rich's: A Southern History"