Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Thu July 3, 2014
Exclusive: Atlanta VA Chief Responds to Wait Time Audit
Atlanta VA Medical Center officials say the average wait time for new patients to see a primary care doctor is actually shorter than the 64 days recently reported in a U.S. Veterans Affairs Department audit. That 64 day wait was among the worst in the nation.
This week, Atlanta VA Medical Center officials gave WABE a PowerPoint presentation, showing what they say is the actual data. They said the 64 day average cited in the audit was a forward looking estimate based on current facilities and future trends. Atlanta VA Center Director Leslie Wiggins then gave WABE’s Michelle Wirth an exclusive interview.