Most Active Stories
- 'White Flight' and Atlanta's Churches Revisited in Emory Honors Thesis
- Reporter's Notebook: The BeltLine Then and Now
- Atlanta Suburbs See Alarming Rise in Poverty, Study Finds
- President's Morehouse Remarks on Race Spark Social Media Discussion
- Georgia Aquarium Waits Almost a Year on Application to Import Beluga Whales
In the Garden with Geri Laufer
Wed January 16, 2013
Garden Lady: Creating a Wildlife Habitat in your Backyard
Host John Lemley pays a rainy-day visit to the backyard of horticulturist Geri Laufer, who gives some tips on creating a certified wildlife habitat at home.
Some Berry Plants for Attracting Native Georgia Birds and Butterflies:
Berry bushes(blueberries, holly, beauty berries, nandina) for mockingbirds
Purple Coneflower and black-eyed Susans for Goldfinches
Milkweed for Monarch Butterflies
Parsley for Black Swallowtail Butterflies
In this web bonus, Geri gives some do’s and don’ts for setting up birdhouses for bluebirds.