Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Wed June 19, 2013
The Girl with a Pearl Earring Visits the High
Girl with a Pearl Earring is among the most famous works housed in The Netherlands’ Mauritshuis, a 17th-century art museum in The Hague. Johannes Vermeer’s portrait has intrigued audiences for centuries and the Girl is paying Atlanta a visit, along with some of her friends.
The High Museum opens their exhibit Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis this week and WABE’s Lois Reitzes spoke with the Maritshuis’ director Emilie Gordenker and with High Museum Director Michael Shapiro about how the exhibit came to Atlanta.
Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis opens June 23rd and runs through September 29th. Atlanta PlanIt has more information.
Art Around Town
Hale Woodruff murals
Bill Traylor at the High Museum