Most Active Stories
- Citing Cost, City of Atlanta Says MARTA Won’t Operate Streetcar
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- Some Georgia Inmates Serving Life Sentences Without Parole To Be Re-Sentenced
- Atlanta Eyes Federal Funds For Streetcar Expansion
- Head of Emory's Winship Cancer Institute: Sequestration Taking Toll
Local Program Hosts
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Tue January 29, 2013
GSU Study Says Georgia Losing High-Paying Jobs: A Talk with Study Editor Carolyn Bourdeaux
A new report from the Fiscal Research Center at Georgia State University's Andrew Young School of Policy Studies shows the state lost tens of thousands of "prime" or "premium" jobs in the decade from 2000-2009.
And the report's editor says the forces behind that trend have not gone away in the years since 2009.
Carolyn Bourdeaux is an Associate Professor of Public Management and Policy at GSU. She spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.