Most Active Stories
- Citing Cost, City of Atlanta Says MARTA Won’t Operate Streetcar
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- Some Georgia Inmates Serving Life Sentences Without Parole To Be Re-Sentenced
- Atlanta Eyes Federal Funds For Streetcar Expansion
- Head of Emory's Winship Cancer Institute: Sequestration Taking Toll
Local Program Hosts
Things to Do
Mon October 14, 2013
Halloween Tour at Oakland Uncovers Atlanta's Colorful History
Once a year, Historic Oakland Cemetery opens its gates at night, for its “Capturing the Spirit” Halloween tours, in which costumed characters stand by their own graves to tell their stories.
On one recent rainy morning, we paid a visit to Oakland, where executive director David Moore told host John Lemley all about the tour’s blend of history and storytelling—and one long-time resident of the cemetery whom he often portrays.
The Battle of Atlanta