Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Things to Do
Mon October 14, 2013
Halloween Tour at Oakland Uncovers Atlanta's Colorful History
Once a year, Historic Oakland Cemetery opens its gates at night, for its “Capturing the Spirit” Halloween tours, in which costumed characters stand by their own graves to tell their stories.
On one recent rainy morning, we paid a visit to Oakland, where executive director David Moore told host John Lemley all about the tour’s blend of history and storytelling—and one long-time resident of the cemetery whom he often portrays.
The Battle of Atlanta