Most Active Stories
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'
- Ria's Bluebird Re-Opens to Honor Pell
- With Stadium Deal Official, Atlanta Begins Planning for Braves Departure
- Cobb Commissioners Hold Town Hall Meetings on Braves Stadium
- Hundreds of Muslims attend conference to eradicate Islamophobia
Local Program Hosts
Mon September 16, 2013
History and Design Meet at the Candler Building
There are a number of historic buildings in downtown Atlanta—one of them is the ornately decorated Candler Building on Peachtree Street. It’s dwarfed by the surrounding skyscrapers, but there is a peculiar feature around the back of the building which got WABE’s Myke Johns curious. He met up with historian Dr. Tim Crimmins, Director of the Center for Neighborhood and Metropolitan Studies at Georgia State University, and with Paul Hammock, the Atlanta Preservation Center's Director of Education, to learn more about it and how the design of the building plays into its place in Atlanta history in an unexpected way.