Most Active Stories
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'
- Ria's Bluebird Re-Opens to Honor Pell
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- With Stadium Deal Official, Atlanta Begins Planning for Braves Departure
- Cobb Commissioners Hold Town Hall Meetings on Braves Stadium
Local Program Hosts
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Thu December 20, 2012
Horse Racing Back in the Legislature's Starting Gate: A Talk with the Chief Sponsor
After several unsuccessful attempts in previous sessions of the Georgia Legislature, supporters of legalized betting on horse racing will try again this coming year. Rep. Harry Geisinger (R-Roswell), who sponsored the earlier bills, has pre-filed a constitutional amendment to allow pari-mutuel wagering on horse racing. Geisinger spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer at last week's biennial conference of Georgia lawmakers in Athens.