Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Bellwood Quarry Will Eventually Be Atlanta’s Biggest Park
- Atlanta Held In Contempt Over Eagle Raid Settlement
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- GSU Researcher Finds Possible Treatment For Bat-Killing Fungus
Tue July 22, 2014
Interview with State Schools Superintendent John Barge
Voters will decide the Democratic and Republican nominees for state schools superintendent today. Current superintendent John Barge didn’t run for a second term. Instead, he entered the Republican gubernatorial primary, but lost to Gov. Nathan Deal.
WABE’s Martha Dalton spoke to Barge about his time in office. The conversation starts with Georgia’s waiver from the federal No Child Left Behind Law. Barge explains how that changed the state’s accountability system.
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer