Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Wed July 2, 2014
Kenny Leon Returns to Atlanta Stage after Tony Win
True Colors Theatre Company Artistic Director Kenny Leon is fresh off winning a Tony Award for directing his revival of "A Raisin in the Sun."
Now he's jumping back into work, but this time he's on stage. Leon asked his longtime friend — and co-founder of Actor's Express — Chris Coleman to direct him in "Same Time Next Year."
WABE's Lois Reitzes recently sat down with both Leon and Coleman and asked them how they chose "Same Time Next Year" — a very funny play — that's very different from the weighty "A Raisin in the Sun."
"Same Time Next Year" opens Tuesday, July 8 at True Colors Theatre Company.