Most Active Stories
- Krog Street Tunnel Painted Over to Protest Masquerade
- Woodruff Arts Center Gives Symphony Players Deadline to Accept Contract Proposal
- Artists Could Crash Controversial Krog Tunnel Masquerade
- Controversial Krog Masquerade Goes On
- Tesla Expanding Georgia Presence; Facing Court Battle from Georgia Automobile Dealers Association
Local Program Hosts
Wed July 2, 2014
Kenny Leon Returns to Atlanta Stage after Tony Win
True Colors Theatre Company Artistic Director Kenny Leon is fresh off winning a Tony Award for directing his revival of "A Raisin in the Sun."
Now he's jumping back into work, but this time he's on stage. Leon asked his longtime friend — and co-founder of Actor's Express — Chris Coleman to direct him in "Same Time Next Year."
WABE's Lois Reitzes recently sat down with both Leon and Coleman and asked them how they chose "Same Time Next Year" — a very funny play — that's very different from the weighty "A Raisin in the Sun."
"Same Time Next Year" opens Tuesday, July 8 at True Colors Theatre Company.