Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- 25 new hours of new local programming
Local Program Hosts
Mon April 7, 2014
Kevin Young on his New Collection, 'Book of Hours'
Multiple-award winning poet Kevin Young reads from his new book Book of Hours tonight at the Carter Presidential Library and Museum Theater. Young’s eighth poetry collection finds him at a personal place, chronicling his grief following the death of his father, his sense of wonder following the birth of his son, and the echoes that pass between one event and the other.
WABE’s Lois Reitzes sat down with Kevin Young to talk about the book and the life events that led him to write it.
Kevin Young is Atticus Haygood Professor of Creative Writing and English at Emory.
Bonus: Kevin Young reads his poem “Solace”.
Bonus: Kevin Young reads his poem “Mercy”.