Most Active Stories
- Atlanta's Episcopal Clergy Renew Their Vows... In A Synagogue
- 11 Atlanta Educators Convicted In Test Cheating Scandal
- Senate Says Cities Can’t Ban Pit Bulls, Other Dog Breeds
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Tornado Uncovers Disturbing, Nearly Century-Old Ad On Auburn Avenue
Mon April 7, 2014
Kevin Young on his New Collection, 'Book of Hours'
Multiple-award winning poet Kevin Young reads from his new book Book of Hours tonight at the Carter Presidential Library and Museum Theater. Young’s eighth poetry collection finds him at a personal place, chronicling his grief following the death of his father, his sense of wonder following the birth of his son, and the echoes that pass between one event and the other.
WABE’s Lois Reitzes sat down with Kevin Young to talk about the book and the life events that led him to write it.
Kevin Young is Atticus Haygood Professor of Creative Writing and English at Emory.
Bonus: Kevin Young reads his poem “Solace”.
Bonus: Kevin Young reads his poem “Mercy”.