Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Atlanta History Center
Tue May 28, 2013
Living Memories at Veteran’s Park
This past Memorial Day, the Atlanta History Center unveiled a new park.The newly expanded Veterans Park at the pedestrian entrance to the Center was formally dedicated to all of the men and women who have served—and continue to serve—the United States of America. In addition to serving as a memorial, the park is also the new “front door” to the History Center.
Last week, we met in the park with Jackson McQuigg, the Atlanta History Center’s Vice President of Properties, who oversaw the park’s construction. We took in the park as it was still under construction and spoke to McQuigg about the History Center’s vision for the space.
Veteran's Park stands right on the corner of West Paces Ferry Road and Slaton Drive.