Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
The 5:44 with Denis O'Hayer
Fri June 20, 2014
A Look at the Complex Crisis in Iraq, with Sen. Saxby Chambliss
On Thursday, June 19, 2014, President Obama announced the U.S. will send up to 300 special forces members to Iraq, in an effort to increase intelligence about the advance of extremist forces there.
Georgia Republican Senator Saxby Chambliss is the ranking GOP member of the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee. He talked about the complexities of the Iraq crisis, in a conversation with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.