Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Atlanta Releases Names of Fired Watershed Employees
- "The Bitter Southerner" Celebrates its Anniversary with a New Business Model
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
Local Program Hosts
Tue December 20, 2011
Maryann Gillespie, Audra Macon, and Liddy Chatham
A holiday favorite: The truth about cold winter days collecting money in front of malls.
Atlanta, GA – For this week's StoryCorps Atlanta, we return to a seasonal favorite. Anthony Knight interviewed a trio of Salvation Army Bell Ringers. 79-year old Maryann Gillespie, her granddaughter Audra Macon, and their friend, Liddy Chatham had volunteered for ten years. Maryann began the conversation.