Most Active Stories
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'
- Ria's Bluebird Re-Opens to Honor Pell
- With Stadium Deal Official, Atlanta Begins Planning for Braves Departure
- Cobb Commissioners Hold Town Hall Meetings on Braves Stadium
- Hundreds of Muslims attend conference to eradicate Islamophobia
Local Program Hosts
Tue September 18, 2012
Medical Facility Hires 200 in Newnan
A new medical facility has brought 200 new jobs to Newnan.
Cancer Treatment Centers of America opened its Southeastern center last month, but today is the grand opening.
The facility’s CEO, Kane Dawson, says his company chose Newnan because “it has a lot of the amenities of a small town, so you have the historic downtown and the courthouse square. But it’s also really grown up: a lot of new shopping and amenities. So if you’re a cancer patient or a caregiver and you want to get your mind off of things, you can take a golf cart across the street and go see a movie and have a nice dinner.”
Dawson projects that the center will hire 300-500 more workers in the next five years.
As a for-profit facility, the Center does not take all insurance plans, and Dawson says most of its patients are self-referred.
Disclosure: Cancer Treatment Centers of America is an underwriter of WABE.