Most Active Stories
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- Atlanta's New Recycling Center Goes Beyond Bottles And Cans
- Cracking The Code On Atlanta's Film Signs
- Sandy Springs Housing Too Expensive For Mercedes-Benz Workers
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
Thu March 13, 2014
Morehouse President Dr. John Wilson Talks, "A World Of Our Dreams"
For nearly 150 years Morehouse College has traditionally graduated more African American men than any other academic institution.
Since 1967, Morehouse presidents have also been Morehouse graduates.
That continued with the recent selection of Dr. John Wilson.
He’s the institution’s 11th president.
In a two-part conversation with WABE’s Rose Scott, Dr. Wilson talks challenges of fund-raising for historically black colleges and universities, the plight of the African American male and his vision for the institution as outlined in Wilson’s inaugural address.
He begins their conversation by admitting he almost didn't plan to attend Morehouse.
In part two of the conversation, Dr. Wilson talks about the plight of African American males and why Morehouse College plans to partner with the White House on a summit on the African American male.
Dr. Wilson talks about his influences.
An avid sports fan, Dr. Wilson talks Morehouse Maroon Tigers athletics.
Obama at Morehouse