Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
- StoryCorps Atlanta: Cecilia Sáenz Becerra and Taryn Jordan
- UPDATE: Historic Trio Laundry Building Being Demolished
Local Program Hosts
A Visit to Candler Field Museum
Wed August 21, 2013
Museum of Flight Gathers No Dust
Retired pilot Ron Alexander loves old airplanes so much that he opened a museum dedicated to them. Candler Field Museum in Williamson, Georgia is a close-to-exact replica of Atlanta’s first airport in its early days of operation.
The museum features aircraft from aviation’s wild years, a time of daredevils and wing-walkers. What makes this museum different, though, is that every vehicle it houses actually works.
We return now to a visit John Lemley and Kate Sweeney paid the museum, to talk with Ron Alexander, and go for a ride.
Art in Hartsfield's International Terminal