Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Mon March 18, 2013
New Stadium Deal Passes City Council
By a vote of 11-to-4, the Atlanta City Council Monday night approved a deal to finance a new stadium to be owned by the State of Georgia but run by the Atlanta Falcons.
Under the deal, the Atlanta Falcons will be responsible for about $800 million of the stadium's construction costs. A hotel/motel tax collected in the city of Atlanta and unincorporated Fulton County will cover about $200 million of the construction costs.
More to come from Jonathan Shapiro, who has been covering the vote. You can follow his tweets on the vote at @jmshapiro on Twitter.
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer