Most Active Stories
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'
- Ria's Bluebird Re-Opens to Honor Pell
- With Stadium Deal Official, Atlanta Begins Planning for Braves Departure
- Cobb Commissioners Hold Town Hall Meetings on Braves Stadium
- Hundreds of Muslims attend conference to eradicate Islamophobia
Local Program Hosts
Mon March 18, 2013
New Stadium Deal Passes City Council
By a vote of 11-to-4, the Atlanta City Council Monday night approved a deal to finance a new stadium to be owned by the State of Georgia but run by the Atlanta Falcons.
Under the deal, the Atlanta Falcons will be responsible for about $800 million of the stadium's construction costs. A hotel/motel tax collected in the city of Atlanta and unincorporated Fulton County will cover about $200 million of the construction costs.
More to come from Jonathan Shapiro, who has been covering the vote. You can follow his tweets on the vote at @jmshapiro on Twitter.
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer