Most Active Stories
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- Cracking The Code On Atlanta's Film Signs
- Atlanta's New Recycling Center Goes Beyond Bottles And Cans
- Sandy Springs Housing Too Expensive For Mercedes-Benz Workers
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
Mon May 20, 2013
One Reporter's BeltLine Revelation
Atlanta is seen around the country as an innovator in the practice of reclaiming and repurposing abandoned land known as “brownfields.” The site of the former steel mill which is now home to Atlantic Station is one well-known example. Another is Atlanta’s BeltLine project.
WABE’s Jim Burress has been covering the BeltLine for over 5 years now, and recently had an experience in one of the developing pedestrian corridor’s parks which illustrated to him how much progress has been made in reclaiming the 22-mile loop of abandoned rail lines.