Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Mon May 20, 2013
One Reporter's BeltLine Revelation
Atlanta is seen around the country as an innovator in the practice of reclaiming and repurposing abandoned land known as “brownfields.” The site of the former steel mill which is now home to Atlantic Station is one well-known example. Another is Atlanta’s BeltLine project.
WABE’s Jim Burress has been covering the BeltLine for over 5 years now, and recently had an experience in one of the developing pedestrian corridor’s parks which illustrated to him how much progress has been made in reclaiming the 22-mile loop of abandoned rail lines.