Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Mon August 26, 2013
Remembering the March on Washington: A Talk with State Senator Nan Orrock (D-Atlanta)
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 is the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.
In a series of conversations, WABE is collecting stories from people who were a part of it.
Nan Orrock is now a Democratic State Senator from Atlanta. But in 1963, she was a college student who joined friends from work to take part in the march -- though she didn't feel she could tell the truth to her parents about it.
Orrock says that day changed her life. She spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.
Civil Rights History