Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Georgia Considers Joining Southeast High-Speed Rail Pact
- 4 Killed In Small Plane Crash On Atlanta Interstate 285
- 36 Golden Retrievers Rescued From Turkey Arrive In Atlanta
- Georgia Man Arrested For Rescuing Dog From Hot Car
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Mon August 26, 2013
Remembering the March on Washington: A Talk with State Senator Nan Orrock (D-Atlanta)
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 is the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.
In a series of conversations, WABE is collecting stories from people who were a part of it.
Nan Orrock is now a Democratic State Senator from Atlanta. But in 1963, she was a college student who joined friends from work to take part in the march -- though she didn't feel she could tell the truth to her parents about it.
Orrock says that day changed her life. She spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.
Civil Rights History