Most Active Stories
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- Cracking The Code On Atlanta's Film Signs
- Atlanta's New Recycling Center Goes Beyond Bottles And Cans
- Sandy Springs Housing Too Expensive For Mercedes-Benz Workers
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Mon August 26, 2013
Remembering the March on Washington: A Talk with State Senator Nan Orrock (D-Atlanta)
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 is the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.
In a series of conversations, WABE is collecting stories from people who were a part of it.
Nan Orrock is now a Democratic State Senator from Atlanta. But in 1963, she was a college student who joined friends from work to take part in the march -- though she didn't feel she could tell the truth to her parents about it.
Orrock says that day changed her life. She spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.
Civil Rights History