Most Active Stories
- Atlanta's Episcopal Clergy Renew Their Vows... In A Synagogue
- 11 Atlanta Educators Convicted In Test Cheating Scandal
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Senate Says Cities Can’t Ban Pit Bulls, Other Dog Breeds
- Tornado Uncovers Disturbing, Nearly Century-Old Ad On Auburn Avenue
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Mon April 1, 2013
Revisiting WABE's 2010 Interview with Dr. Beverly Hall About CRCT Cheating Scandal
On August 4, 2010, then-Atlanta School Superintendent Dr. Beverly Hall, in a WABE interview, denied that she participated in--or even had any knowledge of--cheating in the Atlanta Public Schools on the 2009 Criterion Referenced Competency Test (CRCT).
Hall is now one of 35 former APS educators who face criminal charges in an indictment handed up by a Fulton County grand jury on Friday, April 29, 2013. Her attorney, Richard Deane, says Dr. Hall continues to deny all the allegations.
WABE's Denis O'Hayer presented extended portions of that August, 2010 interview, the only one in which Dr. Hall faced extended public questioning about the scandal.