Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
Local Program Hosts
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Thu February 28, 2013
Sequestration: What Next? A Talk with Georgia Republican Senator Johnny Isakson
On the eve of the March 1st deadline for Congress and President Obama to avoid the across-the-board budget cuts known as sequestration, it became increasingly likely that the cuts would take effect.
But Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Georgia) thinks the expected complaints from Americans affected by the cuts will force leaders in Washington to reach a solution, and to avoid similar dramas in the future.
Isakson spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.