Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- 25 new hours of new local programming
Local Program Hosts
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Thu February 28, 2013
Sequestration: What Next? A Talk with Georgia Republican Senator Johnny Isakson
On the eve of the March 1st deadline for Congress and President Obama to avoid the across-the-board budget cuts known as sequestration, it became increasingly likely that the cuts would take effect.
But Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Georgia) thinks the expected complaints from Americans affected by the cuts will force leaders in Washington to reach a solution, and to avoid similar dramas in the future.
Isakson spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.