Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Bellwood Quarry Will Eventually Be Atlanta’s Biggest Park
- GSU Researcher Finds Possible Treatment For Bat-Killing Fungus
- Atlanta Held In Contempt Over Eagle Raid Settlement
- DeKalb County Corruption Leads To New, Majority-White Cities
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Thu February 28, 2013
Sequestration: What Next? A Talk with Georgia Republican Senator Johnny Isakson
On the eve of the March 1st deadline for Congress and President Obama to avoid the across-the-board budget cuts known as sequestration, it became increasingly likely that the cuts would take effect.
But Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Georgia) thinks the expected complaints from Americans affected by the cuts will force leaders in Washington to reach a solution, and to avoid similar dramas in the future.
Isakson spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.