Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Thu February 28, 2013
Sequestration: What Next? A Talk with Georgia Republican Senator Johnny Isakson
On the eve of the March 1st deadline for Congress and President Obama to avoid the across-the-board budget cuts known as sequestration, it became increasingly likely that the cuts would take effect.
But Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Georgia) thinks the expected complaints from Americans affected by the cuts will force leaders in Washington to reach a solution, and to avoid similar dramas in the future.
Isakson spoke with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.