Most Active Stories
- Citing Cost, City of Atlanta Says MARTA Won’t Operate Streetcar
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- Some Georgia Inmates Serving Life Sentences Without Parole To Be Re-Sentenced
- Atlanta Eyes Federal Funds For Streetcar Expansion
- Head of Emory's Winship Cancer Institute: Sequestration Taking Toll
Local Program Hosts
Thrifting in Atlanta
Mon April 22, 2013
Shopping "Green" for Earth Day
It turns out that the economic downturn may have been good for the environment in certain ways. When the economy sours, people look to save money any way they can.
That often translates to more conservation and recycling, and that's been a boost to local resale and thrift shops.
Daniel Troppy is an Atlanta thrifting blogger and the owner of Doubletake Recycled Luxury Boutique--he has spent many years scouring the country’s Goodwill and Salvation Army stores for high end clothing.
With our thoughts turning to “all things green” this Earth Day, we asked Daniel to visit to a thrift store with us for a primer in giving fashion a second chance.
Going Green by Going Vintage