Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
- Tension Rising in DeKalb Cityhood Debate
Local Program Hosts
Thrifting in Atlanta
Mon April 22, 2013
Shopping "Green" for Earth Day
It turns out that the economic downturn may have been good for the environment in certain ways. When the economy sours, people look to save money any way they can.
That often translates to more conservation and recycling, and that's been a boost to local resale and thrift shops.
Daniel Troppy is an Atlanta thrifting blogger and the owner of Doubletake Recycled Luxury Boutique--he has spent many years scouring the country’s Goodwill and Salvation Army stores for high end clothing.
With our thoughts turning to “all things green” this Earth Day, we asked Daniel to visit to a thrift store with us for a primer in giving fashion a second chance.
Going Green by Going Vintage