Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Bellwood Quarry Will Eventually Be Atlanta’s Biggest Park
- Atlanta Held In Contempt Over Eagle Raid Settlement
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- GSU Researcher Finds Possible Treatment For Bat-Killing Fungus
Thu August 7, 2014
Spelman College President Dr. Beverly Tatum Talks "Passing the Baton"
In 2002, Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum was appointed president of Atlanta’s Spelman College.
The institution, located in the Atlanta University Center, is one of two all-female historically black colleges in the country.
The college was founded as Atlanta Baptist Female Seminary by Sophia B. Packard and Harriet E. Giles.
Dr. Tatum is Spelman's ninth president and recently announced she is retiring .