Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Thu August 7, 2014
Spelman College President Dr. Beverly Tatum Talks "Passing the Baton"
In 2002, Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum was appointed president of Atlanta’s Spelman College.
The institution, located in the Atlanta University Center, is one of two all-female historically black colleges in the country.
The college was founded as Atlanta Baptist Female Seminary by Sophia B. Packard and Harriet E. Giles.
Dr. Tatum is Spelman's ninth president and recently announced she is retiring .