Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
- StoryCorps Atlanta: Cecilia Sáenz Becerra and Taryn Jordan
- UPDATE: Historic Trio Laundry Building Being Demolished
Local Program Hosts
"The 5:44" with Denis O'Hayer
Fri December 20, 2013
State Ethics Commission Calls in Outside Help: A Talk with Its New Mediator, Robert Constantine
On December 19, 2013, the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission (usually called the ethics commission) voted unanimously to hire some outside help to oversee the commission's operations, amid internal feuds and a pending Federal investigation.
The Commission hired Atlanta attorney Robert Constantine, who has previous experience at the State Capitol, as an administrative law judge with the workers' compensation system, an insurance lobbyist, and an insurance official in what used to be called the Comptroller's Office.
Constantine talked about his difficult new job in a conversation with WABE's Denis O'Hayer.