Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Tue November 19, 2013
StoryCorps: Alexandre Proia and Jillian Mitchell
Alexandre Proia is the artistic director of the Georgia Ballet. However, his path to a life in dance was by no means always certain, as Alexandre’s earliest years were marked by a medical condition that made physical movement difficult.
At StoryCorps, he told his friend and fellow dancer Jillian Mitchell about his childhood and the events that made dance a possibility.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.