Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Tue November 19, 2013
StoryCorps: Alexandre Proia and Jillian Mitchell
Alexandre Proia is the artistic director of the Georgia Ballet. However, his path to a life in dance was by no means always certain, as Alexandre’s earliest years were marked by a medical condition that made physical movement difficult.
At StoryCorps, he told his friend and fellow dancer Jillian Mitchell about his childhood and the events that made dance a possibility.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.