Most Active Stories
- Citing Cost, City of Atlanta Says MARTA Won’t Operate Streetcar
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- Atlanta Eyes Federal Funds For Streetcar Expansion
- Some Georgia Inmates Serving Life Sentences Without Parole To Be Re-Sentenced
- Head of Emory's Winship Cancer Institute: Sequestration Taking Toll
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 5, 2013
StoryCorps: Ana Maria Martinez
Ana Maria Martinez was raised in Colombia with her mom and extended family, as well as a maid. She was content there.
But then her mom fell in love with an American man, and Ana Maria found herself in a new country at the age of 12. She told the story of her arrival to the U.S. to her husband, Mario Martinez.