Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- 25 new hours of new local programming
Local Program Hosts
Tue October 21, 2014
StoryCorps Atlanta: Marcia Meisel and Denise Spiegel
Marcia Meisel spent most of her childhood in Cleveland, Ohio. Many of the things she would see growing up would eventually lead her to become involved in social issues, including the civil rights movement and the Vietnam War protests. In the StoryCorps booth, Marcia told her daughter, Denise Spiegel, about the first time she became aware of injustice in the late 1940’s.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.