Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Tue May 14, 2013
StoryCorps: Bert Adams
At a time when many people think about retiring, Bert Adams started thinking about hiking the entire Appalachian trail, a trail going more than 2,000 miles that starts in Georgia and ending in Maine. Usually it takes about five or six months of hiking every day to complete the trail and only about a quarter of hikers who start the trail finish it. At StoryCorps, Bert Adams explained the appeal … and what happened next.
Bert finished the trail in August of last year. He lives in Marietta and says his next adventure is a month-long RV trip from Chicago to San Francisco.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.