Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Atlanta Releases Names of Fired Watershed Employees
- "The Bitter Southerner" Celebrates its Anniversary with a New Business Model
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
Local Program Hosts
Tue January 29, 2013
StoryCorps: Beth Fortwendel & Jarrod Fortwendel
Beth Fortwendel has experienced what most people dread: a medical diagnosis with serious consequences.
For Beth, it’s the autoimmune disease Scleroderma.
Last summer, Beth came to StoryCorps with her brother Jarrod, just a few weeks before her 34th birthday.
Beth’s health has deteriorated since this conversation, but she says her spirits remain high.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.