Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
Local Program Hosts
Tue January 29, 2013
StoryCorps: Beth Fortwendel & Jarrod Fortwendel
Beth Fortwendel has experienced what most people dread: a medical diagnosis with serious consequences.
For Beth, it’s the autoimmune disease Scleroderma.
Last summer, Beth came to StoryCorps with her brother Jarrod, just a few weeks before her 34th birthday.
Beth’s health has deteriorated since this conversation, but she says her spirits remain high.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.