Most Active Stories
- 'White Flight' and Atlanta's Churches Revisited in Emory Honors Thesis
- Reporter's Notebook: The BeltLine Then and Now
- Atlanta Suburbs See Alarming Rise in Poverty, Study Finds
- President's Morehouse Remarks on Race Spark Social Media Discussion
- BeltLine Approves $5 Million for Streetcar Expansion Planning
Tue January 29, 2013
StoryCorps: Beth Fortwendel & Jarrod Fortwendel
Beth Fortwendel has experienced what most people dread: a medical diagnosis with serious consequences.
For Beth, it’s the autoimmune disease Scleroderma.
Last summer, Beth came to StoryCorps with her brother Jarrod, just a few weeks before her 34th birthday.
Beth’s health has deteriorated since this conversation, but she says her spirits remain high.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.