Most Active Stories
- Citing Cost, City of Atlanta Says MARTA Won’t Operate Streetcar
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'
- Atlanta Eyes Federal Funds For Streetcar Expansion
- Head of Emory's Winship Cancer Institute: Sequestration Taking Toll
Local Program Hosts
Tue January 29, 2013
StoryCorps: Beth Fortwendel & Jarrod Fortwendel
Beth Fortwendel has experienced what most people dread: a medical diagnosis with serious consequences.
For Beth, it’s the autoimmune disease Scleroderma.
Last summer, Beth came to StoryCorps with her brother Jarrod, just a few weeks before her 34th birthday.
Beth’s health has deteriorated since this conversation, but she says her spirits remain high.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.