Most Active Stories
- CDC Steps Up Response to Ebola Outbreak in West Africa
- Atlanta Releases Names of Fired Watershed Employees
- Reed Facing Criticism Over Cash Payouts To Police Chief, Senior Officials
- "The Bitter Southerner" Celebrates its Anniversary with a New Business Model
- Remembering the Beatles' Legendary Atlanta Concert
Local Program Hosts
Tue February 11, 2014
StoryCorps: Betty Castellani & Susan Smith
Chaplain Betty Castellani died on January 26 after a long battle with cancer. She served at DeKalb Medical Center’s Cancer Center starting in 1987, and founded its Charles B. Eberhardt Cancer Center in 1989.
In 2011, she came to StoryCorps Atlanta with Susan Smith. Betty told Smith, an employee and a cancer survivor, the story of her own first cancer patient.
The Atlanta History Center hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.