Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Tue February 11, 2014
StoryCorps: Betty Castellani & Susan Smith
Chaplain Betty Castellani died on January 26 after a long battle with cancer. She served at DeKalb Medical Center’s Cancer Center starting in 1987, and founded its Charles B. Eberhardt Cancer Center in 1989.
In 2011, she came to StoryCorps Atlanta with Susan Smith. Betty told Smith, an employee and a cancer survivor, the story of her own first cancer patient.
The Atlanta History Center hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.