Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 26, 2013
StoryCorps: Bill Kuen & Hope Lawler
Volunteer Hope Lawler spends an hour each week with Bill Kuen, a 94-year-old hospice patient. His vision has faded, so she’s been reading back to him some of the love letters he sent his wife Helen during their 59 years together.
At StoryCorps, Hope began the conversation.
Bill’s family estimates that over nearly six decades with his wife, he wrote her between 200 and 300 letters.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.