Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 26, 2013
StoryCorps: Bill Kuen & Hope Lawler
Volunteer Hope Lawler spends an hour each week with Bill Kuen, a 94-year-old hospice patient. His vision has faded, so she’s been reading back to him some of the love letters he sent his wife Helen during their 59 years together.
At StoryCorps, Hope began the conversation.
Bill’s family estimates that over nearly six decades with his wife, he wrote her between 200 and 300 letters.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.