Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 26, 2013
StoryCorps: Bill Kuen & Hope Lawler
Volunteer Hope Lawler spends an hour each week with Bill Kuen, a 94-year-old hospice patient. His vision has faded, so she’s been reading back to him some of the love letters he sent his wife Helen during their 59 years together.
At StoryCorps, Hope began the conversation.
Bill’s family estimates that over nearly six decades with his wife, he wrote her between 200 and 300 letters.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.