Most Active Stories
- Citing Cost, City of Atlanta Says MARTA Won’t Operate Streetcar
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95: A Look Back at His 1990 Atlanta Visit
- Some Georgia Inmates Serving Life Sentences Without Parole To Be Re-Sentenced
- Atlanta Eyes Federal Funds For Streetcar Expansion
- Head of Emory's Winship Cancer Institute: Sequestration Taking Toll
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 26, 2013
StoryCorps: Bill Kuen & Hope Lawler
Volunteer Hope Lawler spends an hour each week with Bill Kuen, a 94-year-old hospice patient. His vision has faded, so she’s been reading back to him some of the love letters he sent his wife Helen during their 59 years together.
At StoryCorps, Hope began the conversation.
Bill’s family estimates that over nearly six decades with his wife, he wrote her between 200 and 300 letters.
StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center.