Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Tue June 3, 2014
StoryCorps: Binbin Chen
Binbin Chen moved from China to the United States to be with his mother when he was 12 years old. Last year, he graduated from Georgia Tech in a special graduation ceremony for LGBT students. In the StoryCorps booth, Binbin told Melissa Terry about how being part of the Lavender graduation ceremony meant having a talk with his mom.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.