Most Active Stories
- Krog Street Tunnel Painted Over to Protest Masquerade
- Woodruff Arts Center Gives Atlanta Symphony Players Deadline to Accept Contract Proposal
- Artists Could Crash Controversial Krog Tunnel Masquerade
- Wait, Why Is the CDC in Atlanta?
- Indictment Charges Driver in Greg Germani Hit-and-Run with Attempted Murder
Local Program Hosts
Tue February 18, 2014
StoryCorps: Brent, Julie and David Brough
Brent Brough grew up in Salt Lake City. As he was leaving for college, his parents were getting a divorce, and things were uncomfortable at home. He convinced his friends to leave for college a few weeks early. They got by on a diet of cheap hamburgers and slept in a park in the college town of St. George, Utah. In the StoryCorps booth, he told his wife Julie and their son David about this time in his life. David started the conversation.
Brent and Julie Brough have four children and will celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary this year. This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth