Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 18, 2014
StoryCorps: Clayton Sherrod and Erin Robbins
Clayton Sherrod was 13 years old when his father had a heart attack. His mother told him that he needed to leave school and find a job to help support the family, so he got a job at the Vestavia Country Club in Birmingham. In the StoryCorps booth, Clayton told Erin Robbins about how this temporary job turned into a lifelong career.
Clayton moved on from working at that country club and is now an American Culinary Federation Certified Executive Chef. He is also known for his regular TV appearances. This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.