Most Active Stories
- WonderRoot Announces Move to Building 14 Times its Current Size
- CDC Steps Up Response to Ebola Outbreak in West Africa
- Reed Facing Criticism Over Cash Payouts To Police Chief, Senior Officials
- Atlanta Releases Names of Fired Watershed Employees
- "The Bitter Southerner" Celebrates its Anniversary with a New Business Model
Local Program Hosts
Tue May 6, 2014
StoryCorps: Ellie Hartman and Mary Bethany Vincent
Until recently, Ellie Hartman and Mary Bethany Vincent were volleyball players for rival high schools in Atlanta.
Ellie played for Westminster, while Mary Bethany played for Lovett. In 2012, both teams made it to the state championship.
Lovett won the game, and this caused the competitiveness between the two girls to only intensify. However, as they entered their senior year, they found themselves playing for the same team in an extracurricular volleyball league.
In the StoryCorps booth, Mary Bethany explained what it was like in the old days when she was across the net from her rival.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.