Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Tue May 6, 2014
StoryCorps: Ellie Hartman and Mary Bethany Vincent
Until recently, Ellie Hartman and Mary Bethany Vincent were volleyball players for rival high schools in Atlanta.
Ellie played for Westminster, while Mary Bethany played for Lovett. In 2012, both teams made it to the state championship.
Lovett won the game, and this caused the competitiveness between the two girls to only intensify. However, as they entered their senior year, they found themselves playing for the same team in an extracurricular volleyball league.
In the StoryCorps booth, Mary Bethany explained what it was like in the old days when she was across the net from her rival.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.