Most Active Stories
- What's in a Nickname: Murder Kroger or BeltLine Kroger
- Residents Near Emory Gain Momentum In Effort To Join City Of Atlanta
- Lois Reitzes on the Exciting Changes at WABE
- Reed's Comments On Possible Sale Of Turner Field Surprise Some Community Leaders
- New Atlanta Streetcar Involved In Two Crashes Before Debut
Local Program Hosts
Tue May 6, 2014
StoryCorps: Ellie Hartman and Mary Bethany Vincent
Until recently, Ellie Hartman and Mary Bethany Vincent were volleyball players for rival high schools in Atlanta.
Ellie played for Westminster, while Mary Bethany played for Lovett. In 2012, both teams made it to the state championship.
Lovett won the game, and this caused the competitiveness between the two girls to only intensify. However, as they entered their senior year, they found themselves playing for the same team in an extracurricular volleyball league.
In the StoryCorps booth, Mary Bethany explained what it was like in the old days when she was across the net from her rival.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.