Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
Local Program Hosts
Tue September 10, 2013
StoryCorps: Estela Martinez
Estela Martinez was nine years old when her family came to the United States. Growing up, her family didn’t talk much about their immigration status.
But then in high school, Estela found herself speaking up more and more—on her own behalf, and also for others. At StoryCorps, Jerry Gonzalez asked her about that time.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials. StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, host of the Atlanta StoryCorps Studio.