Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Tue September 10, 2013
StoryCorps: Estela Martinez
Estela Martinez was nine years old when her family came to the United States. Growing up, her family didn’t talk much about their immigration status.
But then in high school, Estela found herself speaking up more and more—on her own behalf, and also for others. At StoryCorps, Jerry Gonzalez asked her about that time.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials. StoryCorps Atlanta comes to you in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, host of the Atlanta StoryCorps Studio.